[ndnSIM] meaning of HopCounts -1 in application level traces

Pawan Subedi psubedi at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Sep 2 14:32:17 PDT 2020

Dear team,

I had posted this issue yesterday where I was seeing -1 as hop count in
app-level traces. After carefully looking at my simulation scenario, here's
what I found:
-If I set the mobility of the producer nodes
to ns3::ConstantPositionMobilityModel, I only see the trace file with
positive hop counts.
-If I set the mobility of the same producers to mobility model based on
output of ns-2 using Ns2MobilityHelper, I start seeing the -1 hop counts.

Are we not supposed to have mobile producers with ndnSim or am I doing
something wrong here?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Pawan Subedi