[ndnSIM] Obtaining Content Store Metrics

Spyridon Mastorakis smastorakis at unomaha.edu
Tue Oct 27 19:29:24 PDT 2020

Hi,

Which CS implementation are you using? The ndnSIM-specific one or NFD’s one?

The CS tracer does not support NFD’s CS.

Assistant Professor
Computer Science Department
University of Nebraska, Omaha
Peter Kiewit Institute Room 175A
https://sites.google.com/site/spyridonmastorakis

On Oct 20, 2020, at 9:18 AM, Sam DeLaughter <samd at mit.edu<mailto:samd at mit.edu>> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm having some trouble obtaining content store metrics.  I've installed ndn::CsTracer on my nodes and set a non-zero CS size for them, but the output file from the tracer always shows 0 cache hits and 0 cache misses for every node at every timestamp.  This happens both in my custom application and in the ndn-tree-cs-tracers example application.

I found a reference to ns3::ndn::cs::ContentStoreWithStats in the documentation, but can't seem to find its implementation anywhere in the current codebase.  Am I missing something, or has this feature not been fully implemented yet?

Thank You,
Sam