[ndnSIM] How to find PIT size in forwarding strategy

Eric Binnendyk eric.binnendyk at student.nmt.edu
Sun Oct 11 20:04:27 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am using ndnSIM v2.8 and I would like to create a custom forwarding
strategy for detecting an IFA based on the number of entries in the
router's PIT. However, the only way I could find to access the PIT is via
the m_forwarder member of the parent class Strategy, which is private due
to the following comment in strategy.hpp:

\note Strategy subclass constructor must not retain a reference to \p
> forwarder.

Currently I am trying to fix this by making a custom version of the
Strategy class with an additional member function to return the size of the
PIT, and calling this member function in my custom strategy subclass.
However, I'm not sure this is the simplest way to solve this problem. Any
ideas for a better solution?

Eric