[ndnSIM] How to stop processing of forwarder class for several milliseconds.

大熊 浩也 okuma at stu.kobe-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 28 19:37:38 PST 2020

Thank you for your reply.

What I'm thinking is that when a cache hit occurs in onIncomingInterest,
I want to suspend for an arbitrary amount of time before calling
onOutgoingInterest.
(Sorry for the lack of explanation in the previous email.)

What kind of function do I need to avoid processing onOutgoingInterest
for some time or postpone calling it?
(In my own research, I think that I should use nfd :: scheduler, but I
don't know how to use it.)

Also, assuming that two Interests are sequentially transferred to the
node, if the second Interest is received while the reception processing
of the first Interest is suspended, is onIncomingInterest for the second
Interest called properly?

I am just starting to use ndnSIM, so I would be grateful if you could
tell me how to write a program.

Thanks,

Hiroya Okuma

On 2020/01/29 4:43, Spyridon Mastorakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes. The easiest way might be to install an application that will receive the Interest and avoid processing it for sometime. Otherwise, you can probably postpone calling onIncomingInterest of the Forwarder all together here:
>
> https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/2feb4596a9ec2657621433476a4c653f719c24ba/daemon/fw/forwarder.hpp#L85
>
> Thanks,
>
> Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
> Assistant Professor
> Computer Science Department
> University of Nebraska, Omaha
> Peter Kiewit Institute Room 175A
> https://sites.google.com/site/spyridonmastorakis
>
> On Jan 28, 2020, at 12:14 AM, 大熊 浩也 <okuma at stu.kobe-u.ac.jp<mailto:okuma at stu.kobe-u.ac.jp>> wrote:
>

> hi all.
>
> Is it possible for the node received the Interest to suspend the process for an arbitrary time before returning the Data?
> If so, which programs need to be modified and how?
> (Is it the onIncomingInterest method of the Forwarder class?)
>
> Also, if Interest is transferred from another node during the suspension, will the Interest be received properly?
>
> I am looking forward to your guidance and support.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hiroya Okuma

大熊 浩也 (Hiroya Okuma)
神戸大学 工学研究科 電気電子工学専攻