[ndnSIM] Can I create multiple PIT entries for one Interest?

大熊 浩也 okuma at stu.kobe-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 10 16:10:04 PST 2020

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of fulfilling multiple file requests with one Interest
transmission.

For example, a node that receives an Interest that stores a name such as
"/prefix/file_A/%FE%01/prefix/file_B/%FE%01" needs to create two PIT
entries.

So I modified the forwarder class to split the name and create a PIT
entry for the two names, but sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't.
(If it doesn't work, a PIT entry will be created without splitting the
name.)

So there are some questions.
1. Which program in the onIncomingInterest method records the PIT entry?
(In my experience, it is recorded after calling onOutgoingInterest after
confirming the cache hit.)

2. Normally, the onOutgoingInterest method is called indirectly within
the onIncomingInterest method, but is it sometimes not called?

I'm sorry that the contents of the question are difficult to understand.
I am looking forward to your guidance and support.

Best Wishes,

Hiroya Okuma