[ndnSIM] Drop cached data in ndnsim

Spyridon Mastorakis smastorakis at unomaha.edu
Thu Feb 13 19:33:26 PST 2020

Yes, the freshness period is set by the data producer.

If you really want to erase an entry from CS, the erase method of CS should work.

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Assistant Professor
Computer Science Department
University of Nebraska, Omaha
Peter Kiewit Institute Room 175A
https://sites.google.com/site/spyridonmastorakis

On Feb 13, 2020, at 2:17 AM, Zeinab Rezaiefar <zeinab.rezaiefar at gmail.com<mailto:zeinab.rezaiefar at gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear Spyridon,
I have noticed that data accessed from cs::Entry is constant so I cannot change the freshness period of data and set it to zero. Therefore, I will receive an error with following commands in the forward.cpp file:
for(ns3::Ptr<ns3::ndn::cs::Entry> csentry= m_csFromNdnSim->Begin(); csentry!= m_csFromNdnSim->End(); csentry=m_csFromNdnSim->Next(csentry))
{
csentry->GetData()->setFreshnessPeriod(time::milliseconds(0));
}

error :
../src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp:221:61: error: passing ‘std::__shared_ptr_access<const ndn::Data, (__gnu_cxx::_Lock_policy)2, false, false>::element_type’ {aka ‘const ndn::Data’} as ‘this’ argument discards qualifiers [-fpermissive]
 csentry->GetData()->setFreshnessPeriod(time::milliseconds(0));

However, maybe I understood something wrong from your solution.
I will be really grateful to know your opinion about this and your another solution regarding this issue.
Thanks
Bets regards
Zeinab