[ndnSIM] Drop cached data in ndnsim

Zeinab Rezaiefar zeinab.rezaiefar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 00:17:32 PST 2020

Dear Spyridon,
I have noticed that data accessed from cs::Entry is constant so I cannot
change the freshness period of data and set it to zero. Therefore, I will
receive an error with following commands in the forward.cpp file:
for(ns3::Ptr<ns3::ndn::cs::Entry> csentry= m_csFromNdnSim->Begin();
csentry!= m_csFromNdnSim->End(); csentry=m_csFromNdnSim->Next(csentry))
{
csentry->GetData()->setFreshnessPeriod(time::milliseconds(0));
}

error :
../src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp:221:61: error: passing
‘std::__shared_ptr_access<const ndn::Data, (__gnu_cxx::_Lock_policy)2,
false, false>::element_type’ {aka ‘const ndn::Data’} as ‘this’ argument
discards qualifiers [-fpermissive]
 csentry->GetData()->setFreshnessPeriod(time::milliseconds(0));

However, maybe I understood something wrong from your solution.
I will be really grateful to know your opinion about this and your
another solution regarding this issue.
Thanks
Bets regards
Zeinab