[ndnSIM] Drop cached data in ndnsim

Spyridon Mastorakis smastorakis at unomaha.edu
Tue Feb 11 06:54:20 PST 2020

One thing you can do without actually dropping any cached packets (and it is a straightforward “hack”) is to set the freshness period of data packets to 0 (or something very close to that) and set the MustBeFresh flag of Interests to true (so that you simply ignore stale cached data packets):

https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/hoticn18realtime-retrieval.pdf

If you really need to drop the packets, then I can give you another solution.

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Assistant Professor
Computer Science Department
University of Nebraska, Omaha