[ndnSIM] How to obtain packets lost due to collision in WiFi

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Mar 31 21:23:19 PDT 2019

Hi Ashiq

I have followed a similar wifi setup mentioned here:
> https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-simple-wifi.cpp
> However, (with my own forwarding strategy) I have already tested and found
> that in a completely static environment with multi-hop ad-hoc network (with
> 25 nodes) and topology set-up in such a way that path between
> Consumer-Producer is guaranteed. Finally, with this setup, network does
> show packets lost due to collision (under certain conditions- high Interest
> sending rate).

This script is indeed using WifiNetDevice. Thus, your earlier claim of
ndn-stack-helper forcing the use of PointToPointNetDevice is false.

The problem I'm facing is that I can't obtain these collision lost packets
> metric using ndnSIM.

If you have tested the method given in
https://gist.github.com/ashiqopu/0346359297143866f1748322a9e6f125 in a
non-ndnSIM simulation script that operates the WifiNetDevice in the same
mode and using the same loss model, etc, I don’t see why it would not work
with this script.