[ndnSIM] How to obtain packets lost due to collision in WiFi

Md Ashiqur Rahman marahman at email.arizona.edu
Sun Mar 31 20:59:03 PDT 2019

Hi Junxiao,

Thanks for the reply. I may not have been able to clear my question
completely.
I have followed a similar wifi setup mentioned here:
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-simple-wifi.cpp
However, (with my own forwarding strategy) I have already tested and found
that in a completely static environment with multi-hop ad-hoc network (with
25 nodes) and topology set-up in such a way that path between
Consumer-Producer is guaranteed. Finally, with this setup, network does
show packets lost due to collision (under certain conditions- high Interest
sending rate).
The problem I'm facing is that I can't obtain these collision lost packets
metric using ndnSIM.

When you said- "use WifiNetDevice instead", did you mean to change the
ndn-stack-helper directly?

Best-
Ashiq

--
Md Ashiqur Rahman
Research Assistant, Network Research Lab