[ndnSIM] Problem: Needs c++14 to compile

Ahmed BENMOUSSA ah.benmoussa at lagh-univ.dz
Mon Mar 18 10:46:00 PDT 2019

Dear everyone,

I installed and compiled ndnSIM. everything is OK. when I compile with "
--enable-example" it works I can execute the available simulation examples.

The problem is with the scenario template. I compiled with "-d optimize"
and installed them. I downloaded the scenario template:

https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/scenario-template.git

But when I try to run a scenario. it gives me the following error message:

*...ns-3/build/ns3/ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/detail/common.hpp:49:2: error:
#error "ndn-cxx applications must be compiled using the C++14 standard
(-std=c++14)" #error "ndn-cxx applications must be compiled using the
C++14 standard (-std=c++14)"*
along with some other compilation errors.

I did some researches but I didn't find anything about this error.

Please help me.

I'm using Ubunyu 18.04

With all my respects,

Ahmed.