[ndnSIM] 'libndn-cxx' not found (when porting NLSR)

siqi wang wsq2118641145 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 04:46:13 PST 2019

Hi everybody,
I am currently trying to port NLSR into ndnSIM and follow instructions from
https://github.com/3rd-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-NLSR/blob/master/PORTING.md

However, the following error is obtained when I configure (./waf configure
--enable-examples --enable-nlsr) :

Checking for program 'doxygen'                                     : not
found

Checking for program 'tar'                                         :
/usr/bin/tar

Checking for program 'sphinx-build'                                : not
found

Checking for 'libndn-cxx'                                          : not
found

The configuration failed

(complete log in /Users/siqiwang/ndnSIM-NLSR/ns-3/build/config.log)

config.log shows that:

Checking for 'libndn-cxx'

['/opt/local/bin/pkg-config', '--cflags', '--libs', 'libndn-cxx']

err: Package libndn-cxx was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libndn-cxx.pc'

No package 'libndn-cxx' found

not found

from /Users/siqiwang/ndnSIM-NLSR/ns-3/src/ndnSIM: The configuration failed

Any guidance for this problem is highly appreciated.