[ndnSIM] Code not working correctly when importing a real topology

Ioanna Kapetanidou ikapetan at ee.duth.gr
Thu Apr 11 13:17:14 PDT 2019

Hi,
I’m currently working on creating a simple trust mechanism in ndnSIM. In order to achieve this,I have created a consumer and a producer application, based on provided codes of costum-app and hijacker applications. I have used a tree topology in which I have installed the consumer application on 10 leaves, the producer application on other 10 leaves and an extra application on root. The functionality of my mechanism is the above:
1. Consumers send interests for data packets
2. Producers reply with data packets
3. Consumers rate the received data packets
4. Root periodically sends interests to consumers serially requesting average rating per producer
5. Consumers reply with data packets providing the average rating per producer and number of ratings they used
6. Root based on data collected computes the reputation of each producer
7. Two extra consumers send interests periodically requesting the reputation of a randomly selected producer

My code works as expected with the tree topology. Then I tried to import GEANT topology and implement my mechanism there. I selected the nodes with the 1 or 2 neighbors to install consumers and producers, as it is on a tree topology. This time, although  FIB tables seem to be filled correctly, when sending an interest it gets rejected and returns a nack with “no route” reason.

Do you have any possible explanation for that, or a suggestion for what I should check?

Thanks in advance,
Ioanna