[ndnSIM] Exclude field in The new version of NDN

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Sep 18 06:44:15 PDT 2018

Hi,

exclude filter was supposed to be used to merely determine which cached data packet to be retrieved if multiple ones were available.

I am not sure what exactly you are interested in, but if you want to fetch a specific data packet, why not requesting this specific data packet by an exact name instead of a prefix?

If you are looking for an approach to fetch the latest generated data, please take a look at this paper:

https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/hoticn18realtime-retrieval.pdf

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department