[ndnSIM] How to manually set LinkType

Teng Liang philoliang at email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 29 11:45:43 PDT 2018

Hi Ashiq,

If you are only using "ad hoc" face in your simulations, there are two
possible ways:

In NFD configuration file, one is able to make all UDP multicast faces
"ad hoc"
(configuration line:
https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/master/nfd.conf.sample.in#L138).
Thus, if the version of ndnSIM has ndn-cxx and nfd that support "ad hoc"
face, you
can modify the configuration file that NFD is loading.

An alternative is to directly modify NFD. The difference between "ad
hoc" face and other faces
in the current implementation is whether to allow Interest/Data sent to
its incoming face.
Thus, you can delete the check in the forwarder
(https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/master/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L314-L317),
and do not check it in your forwarding strategy. Afterwards, face
becomes "ad hoc".

Teng