[ndnSIM] Problem in Forwarding module

Mortaza Nikzad mrtz_azad at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 00:19:22 PDT 2018

Hi
thanks for your reply Spyridon.
I understand that this example is from ndnSIM-v.1, so I installed it and run the example there. It works well but with a customary forwarding strategy not best rout strategy. It would be good if the documentation about this example be correct.
now my question is that why as a good rule of thumb did not use from received nack from upstream face to correct the chosen face? I try to follow it in my work.

I also understand the best rout forwarding strategy do not work well and actually do not choose the least cost link. I tested it in a simple topology as: one consumer, one producer and two path from consumer to producer with different data rate. I unexpectedly saw that the best rout chosen the worse path. Can anyone here tell me why? and is this problem related to forwarding strategy or route calculator?
thanks