[ndnSIM] NDN Routing question

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sun Jun 3 00:57:43 PDT 2018

Greetings all,

I've been studying and working with ICN, NDN, and ndnSIM for quite some
time now.  I've read tons of papers on many of the different
characteristics and issues within NDN.

One thing I haven't really seen addressed is the following:  in NDN, a Data
packet will take the reverse route that the Interest packet took, correct?

So, what happens if one of the intermediate routers goes down?  Does the
entry in the PIT just time out, and the consumer eventually re-transmits
the Interest packet?  Or is there any way to route around the
malfunctioning/dead router?

Thanks,

John