[ndnSIM] where the FaceMetric is used?

Klaus Schneider klaus at cs.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 17 14:22:38 PDT 2018

As Spyros said, the FaceMetric is mostly used by the GlobalRoutingHelper
as weight for the Dijkstra's shortest path calculation.

> I want to use it for developing of  my new strategy. is it safe?

Sure, it's safe to use. However, consider that the face metric only
gives you the weight of a single link. Depending on your scenario, you
might be more interested in the sum of all face metrics toward the
content source.

Best regards,
Klaus