[ndnSIM] Need help (exactly which file sends interests)

Xinyu Ma bitmxy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 06:44:38 PST 2018

Hi,

Actually, the whole procedure of transporting an interest packet is like
this:

A concrete consumer application, which is a subclass of ndn::Consumer
(apps/ndn-consumer.cpp), implements ScheduleNextPacket to decide when to
send a packet.

The function SendPacket of Consumer generates a sequence number and makes
up the interest packet by specified name. And it posts the packet to a face
of AppLinkService (model/ndn-app-link-service.cpp) and NullTransport by
calling onReceiveInterest method.

After AppLinkService received the packet, the NFD module decides how to
forward it. Often it will be sent to faces connecting current node to
another node, which is made of nfd::face::GenericLinkService and
NetDeviceTransport.

When the producer node received the packet, AppLinkService::doSendInterest
will be called. A call to App::OnInterest (apps/ndn-app.cpp) will be
scheduled there.

A producer application, derived from ndn::App, overrides OnInterest and
deals with the interest packet.

I think those are all what ndnSim does during the transportation of an
interest packet.

I hope it will help.

Xinyu, Ma.

Hi,