[ndnSIM] Data packet aggregation

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Aug 27 16:40:22 PDT 2018

Hi,

based on the multicast forwarding strategy, an Interest can reach multiple producers. However, only one data packet is accepted by a forwarder and one data packet will be received by the consumer.

Before moving further into your simulation work, I would suggest that you take a look at some introductory papers on NDN first (some of those details might be obsolete though):

https://cloudfront.escholarship.org/dist/prd/content/qt3rt9q3wb/qt3rt9q3wb.pdf <https://cloudfront.escholarship.org/dist/prd/content/qt3rt9q3wb/qt3rt9q3wb.pdf>
http://web0.cs.memphis.edu/~lanwang/paper/adaptive-forwarding-ccr.pdf <http://web0.cs.memphis.edu/~lanwang/paper/adaptive-forwarding-ccr.pdf>

Also, more specific details on how NFD and ndnSIM work:

https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ndn-0021-10-nfd-developer-guide.pdf <https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ndn-0021-10-nfd-developer-guide.pdf>
https://users.cs.fiu.edu/~afanasyev/assets/papers/mastorakis2017ndnsim.pdf <https://users.cs.fiu.edu/~afanasyev/assets/papers/mastorakis2017ndnsim.pdf>

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory