[ndnSIM] How to modify the contents of the Interest package?

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 8 20:48:13 PDT 2018

Hi,

> On Aug 8, 2018, at 3:28 AM, Ming <mingdeyou at 126.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>  I have a few questions  that needs you help!
> 1.    How to modify the  contents of the Interest package before the node forwards the Interest?Or can Interest packet be modified?
> ndnSIM 2.5 ‘s  API   uses  "const"  passing the Interest  pointer to each function.So I don't know how to do it.

There is a very good reason that all the methods in the forwarder class of NFD use const for Interests/Data packets. Because the forwarder is not supposed to change the packets at that point of the execution. I would suggest if you want to change Interests, create an application that could do that.

> 2.    A node how to sending  information to its neighbors?   In what form should I send this information?    Which class or function should I use?

Make sure that all the node's neighbors run a producer app that has registered a specific prefix. The node should run a consumer app to send Interests for the registered prefix. Please take a look at the existing consumer and producer app implementation in ndnSIM.

Hope that this helps,

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory