[ndnSIM] Error when compiling on Macos

时间 netmedia at foxmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:27:18 PDT 2018

Dear all,

I am using ndnSIM 2.4 on MacOS.
It was working fine until I tried to update the dependencies for NS-3 Python bindings via MacPorts.

The compilation now stopped with the following error.

ns3/ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/util/face-uri.hpp:179:25: error: no type named 'io_service' in namespace 'boost::asio'

           boost::asio::io_service& io, const time::nanoseconds& timeout) const;

BUT the same code can be compiled on Ubuntu without any error.
I also tried the latest ndnSIM (2.5), it is working fine on my MacOS.

Is there anyone who knows about this problem?
Any guidance is appreciated.

BR,
Ming