[ndnSIM] Interest is not re-broadcasted using the same wireless face in ndnSIM

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 4 13:59:28 PDT 2017

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Jason Christian <jason.christian.92 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> thank you for the reply. I thought that the interest packet can only be forwarded on non-local face, since the consumer itself has a non-local face and the rest of the nodes (Producers) only have local face.
>
> I have tried another alternatives, which is to change the propagation model of the channel to ThreeLogDistance with Nakagami (earlier before, I used RangePropagationLossModel) and the nodes actually forward the Interest packet to the neighboring nodes. Is it probably the problem with the RangeModel?. I have also calculated the node's position to each other and make sure there will always be nodes within range of a node, so the RangePropagationLossModel should also work

Yes, it can be related to the loss model.

> Another thing. Since I have a custom strategy (this custom strategy also takes into acct node's position, much like geocasting) and a custom app, where should I put the Interest forwarding code? Should I:
> - Forward them using Strategy::sendInterest?
> - or just copy the Interest on the custom app and send it?

An app merely generates Interests (consumer) and responds to Interests with data (producer). Forwarding code should be in the forwarding strategy or directly in the forwarding pipelines (forwarder.cpp file) of NFD.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department