[ndnSIM] doAfterInsert in Policy, and afterReceiveInterest in Strategy classes

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sun May 7 21:41:50 PDT 2017

Greetings all,

I have a few questions, as I'm experiencing a strange issue where
doAfterInsert appears to only be being called once.  I'm just using a
simple test to see when this doAfterInsert is called, and I'm *printing the
it->getData().getName()* to file.

*GitHub repo is here:  https://github.com/profjpbaugh/ndnSIM-strategy1
<https://github.com/profjpbaugh/ndnSIM-strategy1>*
    Note that all code that I'm really interested in are in:

   - extensions/pop_man2
   - scenarios/jpb-pop2.cpp

1.  Shouldn't the Name returned by the iterator parameter to doAfterInsert,
*it* have Data with a name that matches something that was requested?
 (from an Interest)?

     I'm getting something extremely peculiar, see:
https://github.com/profjpbaugh/ndnSIM-strategy1/blob/master/popularityPolicyData.txt

I *think *this is some type of forwarding / strategy information

2.   Why is my CS not caching anything?  In fact, per Question (1), why is
it that doAfterInsert is never being called?

3.   Does there appear to be anything with my producer or consumer usage in
jpb-pop2?

Something that seems like it should be simple has really turned into a
massive headache.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

John