[ndnSIM] BestRoute2 and Nacks

Gaurav Panwar gauravpanwar at live.in
Tue Mar 28 13:57:26 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I was working with ndnsim2.3 and came across the BestRoute2 strategy. I had a few questions about it. Firstly if i have multiple interfaces to reach a producer, how does it select a best route, based on hop count? When does it decide to switch this best interface to another interface? What affects the metric of selection of best interface.

Also while going through Nack Header class i see Congestion, Duplicate and No Route nack.

When do the congestion and no route nacks get generated and where are they used? Are they generated at the strategy or the forwarder?