[ndnSIM] Number of requests / interests expressed by ConsumerZipfMandelbrot

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sat Jun 17 13:43:49 PDT 2017

Greetings again,

I think maybe I need to rephrase my issue/question(s):

   - It seems that no matter which of the built-in Consumer classes that I
   use, the first content object requested gets the most frequent requests,
   then the second, then the third, etc.
   - Are there any Consumer classes and/or setting combinations that will
   lend to a more random set of requests from various consumers?
      - E.g., Consumer1 might request content object %FE%04 more frequently
      than 03 or 01
      - E.g., Consumer2 might request content object %FE%05 most
      frequently, then 03, then 01, then 02, etc.

I just want something a little more realistic.

Do I need to create a custom Consumer subclass for this behavior or are
there settings that will allow for this.  I found the
SetAttribute("Random", ....) doesn't really make anything truly random, so
I suspect maybe there's another setting I'm missing.

Thanks,

John