[ndnSIM] Number of requests / interests expressed by ConsumerZipfMandelbrot

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sat Jun 17 01:26:56 PDT 2017

Greetings ndnSIM friends,

I was under the impression that ZipfMandelbrot was going to be fairly
random as to *how many* of each content object a consumer requests.  I set
the number of contents to 5 just to get a basic picture of what is going on.

I have noticed that content %FE%01 is always requested many more times than
%FE%02, which is requested more than %FE%03 and so on...

Aren't there supposed to be some consumers arguably that should be
requesting these at random?  So sometimes 01 is most popular, sometimes 03,
etc.

And yes, I've tried it with the Random attribute (using SetAttribute) set
to none, exponential, and uniform.  There isn't a significant difference as
far as *which* is requested most frequently.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

John