[ndnSIM] Forwarder's onIncomingInterest

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Tue Jun 13 02:14:28 PDT 2017

Muhammad,

Thank you for the input.

I re-read the NFD documentation and it does seem to suggest that
onIncomingInterest is called for all incoming interests (and localhost
stuff too)

I use the l3protocol getForwarder, passing the node I have "in the middle",
which I'm treating as the router.

I'm​ using point to point helper in various configurations, but all have:

(Consumers) -- (router) -- (1 producer)

I've tried with up to 10 consumers, connected directly using point to point
helper.

I do understand there are multiple forwarders created (one per node).  I
use a special object inside the onIncomingInterest to determine if "this"
is the node I want.  This helps distinguish between the router and other
nodes.

Something like:

if(popMan == nullptr)
{
   //Don't print out data
}

Anyway, I'm only detecting a single incoming interest entering on faces
into the router for content, when it should be around 300 times (10 / sec.
For 30 seconds, simulated)