[ndnSIM] nlsr lsa refresh creates delays for consumer/producer messages

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jun 5 06:25:19 PDT 2017

Hi Mikael

What's the link bandwidth (DataRate) in your scenario? It's probably too
low so that LSA packets consumed all the bandwidth.

Yours, Junxiao

On Jun 5, 2017 01:57, "Mikael Gasparyan" <gaspary at inf.unibe.ch> wrote:

Hi all,

I am using NLSR with Consumer/Producer and my problem is that when the
LSA refresh process starts then the Consumer/Producer messages take 10
to 100 times longer to arrive. Currently, my scenario uses 13 nodes
with 3 producers and 1 consumer. For example, when I use an LSA
refresh time of 100 then from around 112 to 128 Producer/Consumer
messages take 10 to 100 times longer to arrive.  The same at 225. By
putting LSA refresh to 100, it happens at 112 then again around 225
and again around 330 and so on, it lasts for 10 to 15 seconds.

The LSA refresh process creates enormous delays for consumer/producer
messages. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks !!
Mikael