[ndnSIM] CS management - doAfterInsert in Policy

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sat Jun 3 21:14:33 PDT 2017

Greetings ndnSIM friends,

Here's a question that I'm a bit perplexed about.

1.  My understanding is that *doAfterInsert* in our Policy is called *after* a
Data packet is placed into the content store, is this correct?

2.  The general wisdom I've been told on this mailing list and from what
I've read in documentation is that if it is decided that the data
represented by the iterator parameter passed to doAfterInsert *should not
be in the CS, *then we just emit the signal, beforeEvict and the CS will
take care of it, correct?

3.  If (1) and (2) are accurate, consider a situation where the CS is *full*.
When a data packet arrives, will doAfterInsert still be called?  Will an
item in the content store be removed arbitrarily?  The reason I ask is
because if doAfterInsert is called *after *the data packet has been added
to the CS, then we're too late, right?  Something has been booted in order
to make room.  But shouldn't we get to decide *before *the item is added?
How is this handled?

Thanks,

John