[ndnSIM] CsTracer issues

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Jul 29 21:49:15 PDT 2017

Hi John

> 1.)  On the documentation page for the Tracers, under CsTracer heading,
> there is a warning:
> NOTE: This tracer works ONLY when the content store structure of ndnSIM is
> used!
> Could someone please clarify what this means?  I'm using a CS from
> ndnSIM...  what else could I be using?  Therefore, "... content store
> structure of ndnSIM ..." is a little unclear.

I guess it means CsTracer only supports ndnSIM 1.0 style ContentStore,
which you can set with SetOldContentStore function.
I suggest you report a documentation bug on ndnSIM Redmine site.

> 2.)  If I indeed have to write a custom cache hit and miss calculation,
> where would be the best place to obtain this data?  Would it have to be in
> the Forwarder class?  As an interest is received, there should be some way
> to see if the named interest matches something in the Cs, correct?  Or
> would the custom lookup table be better than looking in the actual Content
> store?

Yes, either in the Forwarder at the beginning of onContentStoreHit and
onContentStoreMiss functions, or in Cs class where it returns a lookup
result.