[ndnSIM] CsTracer issues

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sat Jul 29 20:50:19 PDT 2017

Greetings friends,

I've noticed a couple things:

1.)  If I try to use CsTracer, essentially all of the cout statements (or a
large portion of them) no longer print anything.

2.)  The file that CsTracer is allegedly writing the Cache hit/miss ratio
to is empty

So, regarding this, I have a couple questions as follow-up:

1.)  On the documentation page for the Tracers, under CsTracer heading,
there is a warning:
NOTE: This tracer works ONLY when the content store structure of ndnSIM is
used!
Could someone please clarify what this means?  I'm using a CS from
ndnSIM...  what else could I be using?  Therefore, "... content store
structure of ndnSIM ..." is a little unclear.

2.)  If I indeed have to write a custom cache hit and miss calculation,
where would be the best place to obtain this data?  Would it have to be in
the Forwarder class?  As an interest is received, there should be some way
to see if the named interest matches something in the Cs, correct?  Or
would the custom lookup table be better than looking in the actual Content
store?

Thanks,

John