[ndnSIM] Custom Strategy for Interest data collection - not working?

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Wed Jan 4 23:42:55 PST 2017

ndnSIM friends,

I am continuing a previous attempt at creating a Custom Strategy, for the
primary purpose of recording information on Interests as they arrive at a
router.

The three involved files, linked in my Google Drive are:

1. *The scenario file:*   (jpb-strategy1-test.cpp)
     https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9ufeKqmJYYWXNpbEFYSEI2VWc

2. *The PopularityStrategy.hpp file* with my custom strategy specification
     https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9ufeKqmJYYQm5BQVRSQzNjSnc

3.  *The PopularityStrategy.cpp file* with the implementation of the custom
strategy class
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9ufeKqmJYYcTFXc1ZUcnpfQTA

Notes:
- I have the scenario file in the *scenarios* directory (I'm using the
template from GitHub)
- I have the PopularityStrategy.[hpp,cpp] files in the *extensions *
directory
- I subclassed MulticastStrategy to create the PopularityStrategy
- I did call NFD_REGISTER_STRATEGY at the top of the PopularityStrategy.cpp
file

Everything compiles just fine, but I get *no printout from the
PopularityStrategy *class.  I have cout<< inside both the constructor and
the afterReceiveInterest function.

It's as if it's not being used at all.

I am very much at a loss, and would greatly appreciate assistance on this.
It's close.  I can feel it.  :)

Thanks,

John