[ndnSIM] Obtaining Metrics in ndnSIM

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Feb 7 09:58:16 PST 2017

Hi,

> On Feb 6, 2017, at 11:07 AM, Christos Romanas <xristos.romanas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello guys!
>
> I am a new user of ns-3 and ndnSIM and I'm facing some problems while obtaining measurements for my experiments.My main goal is to compare the network throughput and the app-delays in a dumbbell topology while using ndn stack on the one hand and the classic TCP/IP architecture on the other.
>
> My main concern is the network throughput measurement. I added the l3 tracer on the ndn-simple scenario and my thoughts are that I should isolate the InData measurements of all nodes,add them up, and maybe that would generate the throughput of the network as long as I use the seventh column(Kilobytes) of the rate-trace.txt file.

You can use some trace processing framework to do that (e.g., grep, awk, R). Then, excel or gnuplot to visualize the results.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department