[ndnSIM] delayed producer and adding face dynamically

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 28 01:24:58 PST 2017

Hi,

> On Dec 25, 2017, at 9:07 AM, 中村真也 <nakamura at c.info.eng.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> Dear all.
>
> I’m new to ndnSIM, and I have some questions.
>
> 1. I want to make producer that costs X ms to generate data for interest. Is there way to get delay.

Please take a look here:

https://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/classns3_1_1_simulator.html#a81c1ade622b5266d81908b2a99a330d2 <https://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/classns3_1_1_simulator.html#a81c1ade622b5266d81908b2a99a330d2>

> 2. And, when generating data, can the producer process the other interests.
> In short, while producer generating data "/cost/long/time" , can this producer send data “/cost/no/time” ?

Yes, the producer should be able to process incoming Interests.

> 3. Next, I want to implement that, when producer that expresses face “/nodeA" receive interest “/nodeA/start/hogehoge” then start new face express “/hogehoge”.
> Is this possible?

Yes, you will have to create a helper to do that or somehow get access to the Forwarder instance of the node.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department