[ndnSIM] Guidance for creating a new forwarding strategy

Igor Carvalho igfuca at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:26:47 PDT 2016

Hi, there.

I'd like to create a forwarding strategy based on the content replacement
rate of nodes content store. Basically, the I'd use the number of
replacements of the available policies (LRU, LFU, priority FIFO) to be used
for forwarding interests. My intention is to create a new field in Interest
packet set to 0 in the consumer node. the forwarding strategy would choose
the next hop based on the number of content replacements of the adjacency
nodes. So, it would be necessary to get this 'information  from next hop
nodes  and store these values  in the faces attached  to them, so that the
node handling the interest compare the current value in interest packet to
the values of the faces. The strategy would send the packet to the face
with the highest value.

I have made some changes in the tlv.hpp, added the extra variable which
will store and update the replacement value at every hop. My problem is
regarded to which part of nfd I can make nodes advertise their replacement
rates to their nodes, like the control messages of RIB manager do. I
thought about using the variable *cost *used by the available strategies
just to receive the replacement value and use as a cost.

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards,
--
*Igor Carvalho    *