[ndnSIM] Using ndn::Face in ndnSIM environment.

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:09:09 PDT 2016

Hi Spyros,

My current application implementation does have its own face and thats the
only 'face' it has. I am trying to understand the scenario, which Junxiao
has addressed in this comment. Let me add more to what he has said.

Hi Junxiao,

I agree and to clear the ambiguity, lets say, the "application" is the
(class) which derives from "class MyApp : public Application" or from "class
MyApp : public App". Now there are two nodes (node-A) and node (node-B)
with 'MyApp' installed on it. So if I understood you correctly, its better
using different faces from each 'module' interacting with other 'module'
within same application or with another application altogether (its rather
more important when they are using overlapping name prefixes). I guess we
do not capture this aspect in the porting guide and perhaps worthwhile to
mention it. Can you please check?

Thanks for your help!

/anil.