[ndnSIM] ndnSIM compile/link error with libprotobuf.a.

saran nath sarannath39 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 01:22:27 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am new to this project. I have almost compiled everything but failing in
linking I think.

Linking build/libns3-dev-ndnSIM-debug.so

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libprotobuf.a(common.o): relocation
R_X86_64_32S against `_ZTVN6google8protobuf7ClosureE' can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libprotobuf.a: error adding symbols: Bad value

Your suggestion to remove this error will help me.

Saran.