[ndnSIM] Registering custom Consumers, Producers (or apps in general)?

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Nov 30 21:31:17 PST 2016

Hi John,

The magic comes from NS-3's object system (in addition to standard object system that C++ provides).  For the class to be found by the name, e.g., in the AppHelper constructor, it needs to be so called "registered".

It is just a matter of adding `NS_OBJECT_ENSURE_REGISTERED(YourClass);` and implementing YourClass::GetTypeId() method that defines name, constructor, and any parameters that you wish.

Check apps/ndn-consumer-cbr.cpp for example.  You'll find similar code in many other "ns3::Object"-derived classes.