[ndnSIM] Multiple files getting compiled when ./waf is executed?

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Wed Nov 30 21:21:57 PST 2016

ndnSIM friends,

When I create a custom example in the /examples directory and try running
it using ./waf --run=jpb-3-node, for example, it starts compiling no less
than a dozen completely unrelated files.  This slows down my
simulation/testing time significantly.  I would assume it should only
compile my new test file (a .cpp file) and any related files - not just
compile a ton of the tests seemingly randomly - not to mention the linking
process as well....

Should I not be putting new simulation tests in the /examples folder?
Should I just put them in /scratch?  Or is there something else I'm doing
incorrectly?

Thanks,

John