[ndnSIM] Getting node information through face

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet mhasabet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 10:30:27 PST 2016

Hi Igor,

As far as I see, the easiest way is to write a custom application which
sends your wanted parameters in interest name in a multicast fashion.
But if you want to publish this information, as a part of a dataset built
into NFD, personally I think it is a bit more complicated from
implementation perspective.

Regards,
Sabet

> On Nov 6, 2016 6:38 PM, "Igor Carvalho" <igfuca at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, people.
>>
>> I need to get how many times cs updates are performed at a node and I
need that this information be available to adjacent nodes through faces. I
know that i have to add a counter in CS policies but I do not know how to
make nodes advertise this information, from time to time, to adjacent
nodes. It would work like face counters, but I have checked that these
counters are updated when interests and data flow through nodes. I want
that node's cs information updates should be sent, for example, at every 10
s , so that a custom strategy would used as a metric to forward interests.