[ndnSIM] Flow control and congestion control in ndnsim

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Mar 24 06:43:38 PDT 2016

> On Mar 24, 2016, at 3:32 AM, Ahmed Sadek <don1559 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it.
>
> I have googled and found some papers but was interested to find out if there was implementation for those ideas in NDN or ndnSIM.

no.
but people can help implement in ndnSIM

> Another question, NDN is pull based so flow control is controlled by the receiver but what will happen if the link between source and destination change bandwidth capacity (2 mega -> 1 mega ) or have data more than it's capacity (3 mega data request over 2 mega link ) , does data packets gets dropped and interest re transmitted ? so what is the expected behavior in NDN and ndnSIM ?

"the expected behavior in NDN and ndnSIM" sounds a bit ambiguous.
Lets separate out what can be done from what has been implemented.

NDN's 2-way interest-data exchanges form a feedback loop, enabling intelligent forwarding.
in your above example: the router knows how fast it can pull in data before the BW change, and can notice the failure after the change. The router can try alternative path if one exists, or send a NACK back to the prev hop (wonder if you had taken a look of the paper I pointed to below?  paper http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/comcom-stateful-forwarding.pdf <http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/comcom-stateful-forwarding.pdf>)