[ndnSIM] Cache hits: identifying the originator

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Mar 16 11:30:59 PDT 2016

Hi Thiago,

one quick and dirty way to do that is to append the node id to the name of the data packet as soon as you retrieve it from a cache (following the approach of the link that you mentioned). Could you be more specific why you think this would not work here? It will work, but you have to do this trick in the forwarder class of NFD:

Specifically, you can do it right here:

https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/bd8eea71137bc382fe1fb8225334b926a5484527/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L148

As far as your second question is concerned, it is feasible to do it. You can add a counter variable to the forwarder class of NFD to figure out how many times you retrieved the same data packet from a node cache.

Hope that this helps!

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory