[ndnSIM] Port NLSR to ndnSIM

chavoosh ghasemi chavoosh.ghasemi.off at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:00:44 PST 2016

Dear Spyridon,

Thanks a lot for your comprehensive answer. I see your point. You mean I
should assume NLSR as a real application and try to port it to ndnSIM,
which seems reasonable. Anyway, it would be much more helpful if I could
find a source code which has been already done this. Do you happen to know
there is such source code available?

Dear Alex,

     It is a good news to me and I am impatiently looking forward to
hearing from *Anil* about porting NLSR to ndnSIM. Actually, I need to know
when he can release such version of NLSR.

Dear Junxiao,

     You hit the nail on the head! Actually, by “performance” I mean
convergence time, message overhead, update dissemination time, and quality
of multipath routing support of NLSR, which can be resolved through
simulating it. As a matter of fact, I want to evaluate NLSR’s performance
with more than 200 nodes, and I cannot access to this number of PCs, so I
decided to use ndnSIM. But if you have a better opinion I will be so glad
to hear it.

Dear Lan,

I hope he can finish it ASAP and release the first version of ported NLSR
to ndnSIM. As I mentioned, I need to evaluate NLSR’s performance with about
200 nodes, but your suggestion seems to be really helpful (i.e. using
Mini-NDN) as Mini-NDN does not require porting NLSR, although it is limited
to 100 nodes. Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

 Again, I do appreciate your kind help and exact explanation and I am
looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Best regards

*Chavoosh*

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Lan Wang (lanwang) <lanwang at memphis.edu>
wrote:

> Chavoosh,
>
> As Alex mentioned, Anil Jangam is about to finish his porting of NLSR to
> ndnSIM.  Another option, if your topology is less than 100 nodes, is to use
> Mini-NDN which doesn't require porting NLSR.
>
> Lan
>
> On Mar 7, 2016, at 11:33 PM, chavoosh ghasemi <
> chavoosh.ghasemi.off at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everbody,
> I do need to port NLSR in ndnSIM and evaluate NLSR's performance, but I am
> wondering how to do port it. Can you explain the exact relationship between
> ndnSIM and NLSR? How am I supposed to port NLSR to this simulator?
>
> Best
> *Chavoosh*

*Chavoosh Ghasemi*

Master of Information Technology - Computer Networks
Sharif University of Technology (SUT) - Computer Engineering Department

*Address:  Department of Computer Engineering,*

*                Sharif University of Tech, Tehran, Iran*

*"The quieter you become, the more you can hear"*