[ndnSIM] Assert in TypeId::LookupByName: error. Could not find the class.

Fatemeh Goudarzi fatemeh.university at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 13:27:53 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to add a new type of application by defining its own class. I
think I have coded it right (e.g. TypeId method, and calling
NS_LOG_COMPONENT_DEFINE ("PccApp"),
NS_OBJECT_ENSURE_REGISTERED (PccApp);

  TypeId
  PccApp::GetTypeId ()
  {
    static TypeId tid = TypeId ("PccApp")
    .SetParent<ndn::App> ()
    .AddConstructor<PccApp> ()
    ;
    return tid;
  }

But I get the below error.

assert failed. cond="uid != 0", msg="Assert in TypeId::LookupByName:
PccApp not found", file=../src/core/model/type-id.cc, line=755
terminate called without an active exception

Could anyone please let me know what might be the issue?

Best Regards,
Fatemeh Goudarzi