[ndnSIM] CryptoPP is present, but is not usable

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Jul 12 21:43:42 PDT 2016

Hi Cheryl,

There is a strange but re-ocurring problem with some OSX/Macports installation regarding cryptopp library.  The best suggestion I have is to wipe out /opt/local and reinstall macports from scratch (in case you have upgraded your OSX, this is a required step: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration>).

I would not recommend installing cryptopp manually.  At the very least, you have to remove the one installed from macports/homebrew.

(Quick thing that may help, if you have /opt/local/lib/libcryptopp.so file, remove it.  It may or may not help with the compilation.)

As Junxiao suggested, more information about the error is in build/config.log.