[ndnSIM] Exception while creating face (converting face-uri to canonical form)

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 02:09:09 PST 2016

Hi Junxiao,

I could fix this exception by providing the IP address of my host where
ndnSIM was running. Nevertheless, I think it is an issue and we need to
handle this exception more gracefully and perhaps throwing an appropriate
error? Please take a call.

I also did not understand why it is still trying to convert into a
canonical format when a valid IP address provided. If you see the log on
line #494, you will realize.

I also observed that it always expected the IP address:port combination
with "udp4" as scheme. It did not work with "udp". I am referring to this -
udp://192.0.2.1 (remote-port defaults to 6363). It did not take the default
port 6363 by default. All my neighbouring nodes are remote node in NLSR
test set up.

Alright, I have a different error now, which is specific to NLSR. Thanks
for your help on this!

494 191s FaceController:onCanonizeSuccess(): Converted udp4://10.0.0.3:6363
to canonical form: udp4://10.0.0.3:6363
495 191s FaceController:createFaceInNfd(): Creating Face in NFD with
face-uri: udp4://10.0.0.3:6363
496 191s Fib:registerPrefix(): Registering prefix:
/ndn/edu/umbc/%C1.Router/cs/mctr Face Uri: udp4://10.0.0.3:6363
497 191s FaceController:createFace(): Converting udp4://10.0.0.3:6363 to
canonical form
498 191s FaceController:onCanonizeSuccess(): Converted udp4://10.0.0.3:6363
to canonical form: udp4://10.0.0.3:6363
499 191s FaceController:createFaceInNfd(): Creating Face in NFD with
face-uri: udp4://10.0.0.3:6363
500 191s HelloProtocol:scheduleInterest(): Scheduling HELLO Interests in 60
seconds
501 191s HelloProtocol:onRegistrationFailure(): Unsupported protocol (code:
501)
502 191s HelloProtocol:onRegistrationFailure(): Unsupported protocol (code:
501)
503 191s HelloProtocol:onRegistrationFailure(): Unsupported protocol (code:
501)

/anil.