[ndnSIM] Cache hits/misses on producer node

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Apr 14 10:10:28 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am not sure I fully understand your question, but I will try to elaborate on it a little bit and you will let me know whether my response answers your question.

A producer in ndnSIM is a node that has an application installed and running on it. To this end, it has a Contest Store like any other node. If the producer sends out some data packets, they will be in its CS in the near future. If some consumers request this data, but the Interest is forwarded to the producer through a path that is disjoint with the previous path, then the data will be served from the CS on the producer node.

Does that answer your question?

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory
Computer Science Department