[ndnSIM] Cache hits/misses on producer node

Hassan Sinky sinkyh at oregonstate.edu
Thu Apr 14 02:33:30 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what could be some cases when a producer node would
register a cache hit? I assumed that if an interest request were to arrive
at a producer it would simply process that request by returning the
corresponding data. I have a topology with multiple producers of the same
prefix and I installed the CS tracer only on the producers. I also have
consumers requesting the prefix provided by the producers. The CS trace
on the producers is registering cache hits and misses. Why would there be a
hit or a miss? Should both simply be zero? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!