[ndnSIM] problem with droping interest mesage

Cesar Ghali cghali at uci.edu
Thu Nov 26 12:00:01 PST 2015

Hello Zeinab,

I still believe, although I might be mistaken, that some of the control/management interests that are important for ndnSIM, and NFD, to work are being dropped. I got a similar error few days ago.

Looking quickly into this:

Looks like the error is generated here:
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/NFD-0.3.4-ndnSIM/rib/rib-manager.cpp#L587 <https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/NFD-0.3.4-ndnSIM/rib/rib-manager.cpp#L587>
Doing
grep -r “10060” *
shows that the source of the code you’re getting is in 'ndn-cxx/src/management/nfd-controller.cpp’, specifically here:
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/blob/ndn-cxx-0.3.4-ndnSIM/src/management/nfd-controller.cpp#L50 <https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/blob/ndn-cxx-0.3.4-ndnSIM/src/management/nfd-controller.cpp#L50>
This ‘startCommand' function is triggered here:
https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/blob/ndn-cxx-0.3.4-ndnSIM/src/management/nfd-controller.hpp#L67 <https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/ndn-cxx/blob/ndn-cxx-0.3.4-ndnSIM/src/management/nfd-controller.hpp#L67>
This ‘start’ function is function template and doing
grep -r "start<“ *
shows where the ‘start’ function is triggered. I think you might want to look at something related to RIB since the error is generated in the Rib Manager.

Other things to think of:

What are the interests that you’re dropping?
What are the applications that are sending these interests?

As I mentioned before, forwarder.cpp doesn’t only process interests sent by the application layer (consumers), it also process management interests. So your drop policy is probably dropping some of these interests. If you want to drop interests sent by the application layer only, then you might want to exclude management interests from you drop policy.

I would suggest to look more into the interests being dropped, this should answer the first question above

HTH,
Cesar

--
PGP Key: http://www.cesarghali.info/contact.html